I wish I had something more elevating to talk about on the eve of
Christmas--"Walk Hard" is an intermittently good movie, but hardly spiritual
fare. More
seasonal is a segment that will be posted today on the Star of Bethlehem, at
the website of Religion and Ethics Newsweekly, a program that airs on PBS.

_http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/index_flash.html_
(http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/index_flash.html)

They came to my house to interview me a couple of weeks ago. I did some
research before the interview and was surprised to learn that St. John
Chrysostom
believed the "star" of Bethlehem was not a star in the usual sense, but an
invisible being (eg, an angel) that God made visible in the form of fire/a
star,
like the "pillar of fire" that led the children of Israel in the wilderness. I
made a recording of the Nativity Kontakion of St Romanos the Melodist (475-530
AD) for my podcast which you can hear here:

_http://audio.ancientfaith.com/frederica/kontak.mp3_
(http://audio.ancientfaith.com/frederica/kontak.mp3)

in the course of the Kontakion, St Romanos has the Magi say something similar
about the "star." Perhaps this was a widespread belief in the early Church.

One person on this list wrote last time to say that it would really help if I
gave more info abt the movie at the top. So here's the review of "Walk Hard,"
which opens today. The review is for _www.ChristianityTodayMovies.com_
(http://www.ChristianityTodayMovies.com) .

Title: Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
Deck:  This parody of music bio-pics like "Ray" and "Walk the Line" presents
the 60-year career of a popular singer named Dewey Cox.
Stars: 3
Rated: R
Genre: Comedy