here's a review of a film that looks like it will only open in a few big
cities -- LA and NYC today -- though perhaps it will be in some arthouses as
well.
The format at Christianity Today Movies requires some discussion questions at
the end, advice to parents and so forth, which I'm including.

I spent some time thinking abt this genre of movie, which I arbitrarily call
"drawstring", and how all the examples I could think of were post 1970's. If
you can think of others (before or after that time), send em in. My theory is
that this kind of plot couldn't be coherently presented on stage, and it took
awhile for filmmakers to think of it. What I can think of from earlier movies
is the opposite, stories that throw together a random group of people at the
start and let the story go from there.

Another example of a movie genre that has only become common in recent
decades is the kind that scrambles time sequence. That could go back to Godard
or
Resnais, the 50's, I guess, but the flood of movies like Memento and Run Lola
Run seems to have come in the last decade. And what about time-travel stories
(eg Back to the Future); how long have those been around? I guess there's The
Time Machine, but can't think of other examples. It's another story that would
be hard to produce on stage. What do you think?

Title: The Air I Breathe
Deck:  The lives of four strangers in crisis gradually draw together, with
powerful effects on each.
Stars:  2
Rated:  R
Genre: Drama