>From our Life Story Writing Group.

Visit
<blocked::http://groups.yahoo.com/group/life-story-writing;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZmlu
cWJmBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzE4MzU0OTUxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAyMDA1OARzZWMDZnRy
BHNsawNocGYEc3RpbWUDMTE5OTE0ODQwOQ-->  Group

Bill Austin  [EMAIL PROTECTED] <blocked::mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.azhttp.com/ <blocked::http://www.azhttp.com/>
Vice President of Business Development, AZhttp, Inc.
LinkedIn Profile:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/billaustin
<blocked::http://www.linkedin.com/in/billaustin>

  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill Hyatt
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 5:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [life-story-writing] Black-Eyed Peas for New Years

For those who have no clue as to why eating blackeyed peas and hog jowl on
New Year's Dar is supposed to bring good luck. It goes back to the end of
the civil war. The South was devistated and all their crops had perished.
All that was left were blackeyed peas (used for livestock and slave feed at
that time) and wild hogs running loose. The South literally lived on
blackeyed peas and hog jowl for a year until new crops could be planted and
harvested. Therefore they were considered to be "LUCKY" to have the two
items.
Bill OTD