>From the Recipe Gal website...
~~~~~
Spanish Omelet
In Spain this is called tortilla but we call it a Spanish omelet. My daughter
spent some time in Spain and loved this.  When she came back she wanted me to
make it for her.  There it is served at room temperature butI prefer it
a little warm.

olive oil
2-3 potatoes
4-5 eggs
salt

Cut enough potatoes to make a layer three potatoes deep over the bottom of your
saute pan. Add a generous splash of olive oil and fry the potatoes until they
are soft on the inside and crispy and browning on the outside. Season
generously with salt. Use enough eggs to just bind the potatoes together. I add
a little water to the eggs and whisk them well. Pour the egg over the potatoes,
lifting them a little so that the egg flows all around. Cook over medium-low
heat while the egg sets. It will brown a little on the bottom.  When the bottom
is set and browning, flip it over by sliding the omelet onto a plate and
sliding it back on the other side. When it is done, put it on a plate and cut
into wedges.

When we first started making this, I thought it would be improved by adding
other ingredients like onions, pepper or parsley..  I experimented but it
didn't seem to make it better.. It is delicious the way it is.

~~~***Rhonda G in Missouri***~~~

Be a better friend, newshound, and