Another Recipe from my newspaper food section, sounds yummy and my
hubby's friend who raises bees just gave me a jar of beautiful dark,
dark honey, so I am going to try this soon.

A traditional Rosh Hashana dessert, honeycake is a good opportunity
to showcase a dark full-bodied honey.

1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark full-flavored honey
2 eggs
1 small orange (not peeled), quartered and seeded
1 small apple (not peeled), cored and chopped
3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground gloves
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two loaf pans with parchment paper
and set aside. In large bowl, combine the oil, sugar, honey, and
eggs. Use an electric mixer to beat until the consistensy is chunky
smooth. Set aside. In a blender or food processor, combine the orange
and apple, then pulse until finely chopped. Add the coffee and pulse
until mostly pureed. Set aside. In another bowl, sift together the
flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt. Add a third of
the fruit and coffee mixture to the oil, honey and egg mixture,
stirring well. Add a third of the flour mixture, stirring again.
Continue adding in this manner until all ingredients are combined. If
using stir in raisins. Divide the batter between the loaf pans. Bake
until a tester comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool the
cakes in pans on a rack. leave the parchment on the cake until
serving.
Serves 16
..