>From the Taste of Home website...

~~~~~

Out-of-this- World Brownies
 For company and every time there is a local bake sale, I bake a batch of these
fabulous brownies. Most everyone who tastes them says, "Yum! These are the best
brownies I have ever eaten!" My cooking background came from my mother. Just
watching her helped educate me in the "ways of the kitchen".

SERVINGS: 36
CATEGORY: Dessert
METHOD: Baked
TIME: Prep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 40 min.
Ingredients:
        * 1 cup butter, softened
        * 2 cups sugar
        * 4 eggs
        * 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
        * 2 cups all-purpose flour
        * 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
        * 1/8 teaspoon salt
        * BROWN BUTTER FROSTING:
        * 1/2 cup butter
        * 4 cups confectioners' sugar
        * 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons half-and-half cream
        * 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
        * GLAZE:
        * 1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
        * 1 tablespoon butter
Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine
flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
    Spread into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350°
for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean
(do not overbake). Cool on wire rack.
    For frosting, in a heavy saucepan, cook and stir butter over medium heat
for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Pour into a mixing bowl; beat in the
confectioners' sugar, cream and vanilla. Frost cooled brownies.
    For glaze, in a microwave melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
Drizzle over the frosting. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.

~~~***Rhonda G in Missouri***~ ~~
.