On 12 February 2012 22:54, Adam Bolte <abo...@systemsaviour.com> wrote:

> My understanding is that we're *already* going off guesswork. We're
> guessing that going against software patents completely is a better
> approach to any of the alternatives, without having consulted with any
> legal experts. Unless things have changed since LCA?
>
> Maybe some legal experts should be talked to - not necessarily formal
consulting, but could try talking to legal expert/s that would be
sympathetic and would have an opinion on it already.

I do realise it would be very difficult to do a proper survey to give us
good information on the proportion of supporters with sympathies towards
free software, but maybe someone has done one already (I don't know).