Hi Folks,

We're very excited to be able to host a public lecture by FSF's Brett Smith this coming Monday 5 March at 6pm.

Brett Smith is in Melbourne to talk to government negotiators about the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP) and the impact on free software. This public lecture will introduce free software and discuss recent issues in free software licensing, including the TPP. Members of the public are welcome. No technical knowledge is required.

Please register here:
http://apps.freesoftware.asn.au/invite/brett-smith-fsf/

NOTE: This will replace the March Free Software Melbourne discussion group (was 15 March) - no regular meeting for March.

Help promote this event

We *really* need your help to get people along to this event. Time is very short.

Later today I'll be sending these details out through:

 - Linux Users Victoria
 - Linux Australia
 - Software Freedom Day Melbourne
 - Melb Uni Dept. of Computing and Information Systems

*Please* help by inviting your friends and colleagues and mentioning this event to any other groups you're involved in.

Regards,
Ben