Hi Free Software Lovers,

I'm looking forward to seeing you again next Thursday 20 June for our
discussion group. This month we'll be looking at some hardware
purpose-designed for compatibility with free software. Yay! We'll also
be discussing the H-Node hardware database (details below).

I'm delighted with the way our little group has grown and gathered
momentum over the past 3 years. It's a real pleasure to turn up each
month for interesting free software chatter and to get to know such a
friendly and enthusiastic bunch of people.

As I mentioned in April, I'd like to keep this momentum going by
electing a committee to involve and recognise the work others do in
keeping the group running. Next Thursday I'd like us to elect the
following annual positions:

 - President
 - Vice-President
 - Secretary
 - Treasurer

I'm certainly happy to stay on as defacto-President, though would
welcome anyone else interested in taking on the role. Alex tell me he
feels the same about his role as defacto-Vice President. If you're
interested in nominating for any position but can't make it to the
meeting, please let me know.

Hopefully the committee can take advantage of the recent breakthroughs
in free software video-conferencing to hook up once a month for a brief
virtual meeting.

See you Thursday!

Regards,
Ben

Free Software Melbourne discussion group

Thursday 20 June, 6-9pm
VPAC Head Office Training Room
Level 1, Building 91, 110 Victoria Street

http://www.freesoftware.asn.au/melb/

Agenda:

 - Freedom compatible hardware from Think Penguin (discussion)

 - H-Node hardware compatibility database (discussion)

 - Election of Free Software Melbourne committee

 - Tasty dinner at nearby restaurant