On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 03:45:16PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> (This is a few months old, but I haven't seen it discussed here.)

It's really good to see this, and a good reminder that every impossible to break
wall has a weak spot. Hopefully we can use this opportunity to liberate some
more machines and have them running as free as possible BIOSes.

I don't exactly know the issues with Intel ME since it's such a closed system,
but the fact that we don't know what it does and that it prevents itself from
being removed is a good enough reason to remove it, I think.

It might be worth looking at the list of supported hardware of me_cleaner
<https://github.com/corna/me_cleaner/issues/3> and go hunting for newer hardware
than 2008 thinkpads.

Jookia.