we have a link on our front page that is supposed to take you to the
place you can order the MP3 spec but it only works as long as the docid
they use is cached. after it times out it will refer to some other
document that was searched for by someone else. What I need to do is
have that link do a post of the data that should be in the form. I am
not much of an HTML person myself so i don't know if this is doable.

I think I should be able to create a dummy form that had hidden inputs
with the correct name and values for the search i want to do but how do
i tie that to a text link instead of the submit button?

Here is the stripped HTML for the form. i took out the table formatting
for clarity:

<form action="http://global.ihs.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?FRITTER=154894"
method="POST">

<b>Document Number:</b>
<input type="text" size="25" maxlength="100" name="doc_word" value="">

<b>Partial Number</b>
<input type="checkbox" checked name="partial_match" value="ON">

<b>Title Contains:</b>
<input type="text" size="37" maxlength="100" name="title_word">

<b>Begin/End Date: </b>
<input type="text" size="7" maxlength="7" name="begin_date">
<input type="text" size="7" maxlength="7" name="end_date"> (Format
MM/YYYY)</b>

<b>Rows to return:</b>
        <select name="nbr_rows" size="1">
        <option selected>25</option>
        <option>50</option>
        <option>75</option>
        <option>100</option>
        </select>

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Begin Search">
<input type="reset" name="reset" value="Clear Fields">

</form>