* Srinivas A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>       Has anybody used LCD UI of the freeAmp. I found
>  some socket calls in the LCD UI source code. Does freeAmp
>  connects to an external system? What is MtxOrb. Is it nothing
>  but the LCD device?. Any additional pointers in this regard
>  is highly apprciated.

Yes, it connects to the "LCDd" program, which displays nifty
stuff on an LCD.  The LCD ui in Freeamp is a bit dated, though,
and needs improvement to be really useful.

For more info, look here:

        http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/

( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) |     Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ)    |
 \  / \  /  //  //  |       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      |
 /  \ / /  //_ //_  |     irc:serdevian.dyn.omnipotent.net     |
(_/\_(_/  (___(___) |  http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/  |