> I am going to use rtp stream as the input for freeamp. only
> rtp stream input and No other input .. So cmdline UI is more than enough
for
> me..  If that is the case I dont need any of the UIs (musicbrowser,
freeamp,
> download, ncurses). Is my understanding correct?.

I don't know about the musicbrowser, and download. Please try and let us
know what happens.  You need freeamp (that is the main app), but you don't
need ncurses.

> Is there any way to manage playlists using cmdline UI? If it not possible
> manage playlist using cmdlinu UI of freeamp, I am planning to go
> for web interface for playlist mgmt.

If you're going to do a web interface and use RTP for streaming, you may
want to check out the Obsequieum project at http://obs.freeamp.org Its a
networked MP3 jukebox that uses Multicast/RTP to stream the MP3s.

> BTW, I also want to know what are these plugins and where they
> are being used.
> pls.plf, rmp.dlf, pmp300.ppp

pls.plf is for reading/writing pls playlists, rmp is for reading RMP files
for the download manager and pmp300 is for working with the Diamond Rio.
This is not complete yet.

> The GDBM libraries are used by playlist manager I feel.. Right?

musicbrowser, download, player all link to that library.

--ruaok         Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert