* Julius Xavier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I want to build a car mp3 player using freeamp. I looked at
> couple of previous messages regarding this. However, I would
> appreciate if some one can shed some light on the following.
>
> I am not clear as to where I should start. I am planning to
> use MatrixOrbital (4*20) serial display. I look at the
> /ui/lcd/src and there are lcdui.cpp and lcd.c. socket.c. Which
> files I need to edit.
>
> if I want use LCD ui as my default, How Do I do?.
>
> Is there any way I can support play list with lcdui?.

Hi.

The lcd.ui in freeamp isn't really suitable for a car mp3
player.  You should probably grab the specific LCD driver you
need from LCDproc, and talk to the LCD directly.  The lcd.ui in
freeamp just talks to the LCDd server, which updates the screen
only 8 times per second and doesn't provide great input device
support.  It *could* work for a car mp3 player, but you'd be
better off with more direct control over the display.

If you create a "lcd-mtxorb.ui", there are probably others who
would be interested.  It could be a good way to display on
LCD's without requiring LCDproc.

 _  _ _  _ ___ ___  ---"I don't get even - I just get odder."---
( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) |     Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ)    |
 \  / \  /  //  //  |       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      |
 /  \ / /  //_ //_  |     irc:serdevian.dyn.omnipotent.net     |
(_/\_(_/  (___(___) |  http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/  |