On 17 Feb, Keith hkc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did a little hack on the Xing decoder and was trying
> to understand how it works. I was very confused with
> the way it calculates the framesize and sampling
> frequency. It doesn't seem to conform to the MP3 spec
> esp in MPEG-2/L3 and MPEG2.5/L3 (cf. xinglmc.cpp and
> http://www.dv.co.yu/mpgscript/mpeghdr.htm)

And how does it not conform to the spec?

> After struggling for a day, I found that there seems
> to have a dirty fix in another file, cupl3.c. Even
> though the fix works, it still doesn't conform to the
> MPEG-3 spec that I have. My questions are:
> 1. Will you consider to rewrite xinglmc.cpp to clean
> the mess up?

Hey, thanks for the compliment there buddy! I'd be glad to accept a
patch from you if *you* care to rewrite it.

> 2. Has there been any change in MP3 spec or freeamp
> (xing) has its own spec?

Again, what are you talking about?

--ruaok         Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert