Hi elrod. Some quick notes according to your criteria (coming from
someone who knows nothing about themes):

Table of Contents
-----------------

What is that weird image? :)

Tools section
-------------

A one-sentence description of the MakeTheme utility (this program packages
and prepares your theme for use in FreeAmp).

Why does the user have to download the .fat file, for tutorial purposes
only, or do they really need the stuff in it to make a new theme?

Theme definition section
------------------------

Another important difference of XML is that every open tag requires
a close tag (not optional like HTML).

Explain that <Foo Bar="Baz"/> is shorthand for <Foo Bar="Baz"></Foo>

A link to the XML FAQ would be nice: http://www.ucc.ie/xml/

Last paragraph: windows should be capitalized (Windows)

Other than that, looks OK.

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Mark Elrod wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I have pounded out a quick tutorial on how to make a theme for FreeAmp.
> Some of the links are not there yet like the zip with the photoshop file
> but could you guys check it out and let me know if the content makes any
> sense? I want to help out people with a slightly less technical blow by
> blow approach. This is by no means a replacement for the How To which is
> the definitive reference for themes. Let me know if you have any
> suggestions!
>
> http://www.freeamp.org/bodies/themes/tutorial/contents.html
>
> elrod

| Chad Loder - Somerville, MA, USA                 |
| EMail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        |
| Home Page: http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/cloder    |