The same as the other model, missing textures+details.
Great, both look very good. Once you have some textures
we could begin to integrate them as sprites and into
the shipyard menus. Are these made with Blender?
Thats ok for me, I try to texturize the sloop and finish the details, the ropes and so, but Im still concerned about the "top look".

Yes, the models are made with blender :) If you want, or anyone else, I can share the .blend file, so anyone can improve them, they are very simple I think..

The thing is, that the battle ship will be visually much much better in OpenGL 3D (yeah I know its obvious), but no idea of OpenGL here, been looking some docs about it but my knowledge in that is zero, but if we have the models already in 3D why not use them? Im not thinking about a freely 3D view but and fixed isometric point of view. Also the terrain, when later saling, can be made as well in 3D, the islands, the coast etc..

I'm only thinking this because the 2D sprites didn't look fine from a top view, don't know if later in game they look better.. ;)

Anyway, I try to finish the sloop, if someone wants to give a hand I setup that for download, but in that case I think we need a CVS or similar, so we dont make double the work ;)