On 04/02/12 18:42, Любомир Григоров wrote:
Interesting. So brightness value "is" changed, but not acted upon then when using the hotkeys?

Yes, value changes with no effect when hotkeys are pressed...I am not sure why there is no effect.

I could care less about suspend/resume as I don't really use it. Brightness and the fan (thanks for reminding me about the corruption) are what is killing my use. I have a SSD so even though boot isn't 5sec on FreeBSD, I can still live with waiting 10 extra seconds. Having brightness eat up my battery time and fan spinning like crazy is a problem, though.

The fan is horribly noisy on this model. However, it will quiet down a bit on its own when temperature goes down...enabling C states and running "powerd -a adaptive -b adaptive" should help a lot...I don't recommend manual fan control as at least my i7 already runs way too hot in linux and win7 (for the 10 minutes I had it :) ). Run Lenovo bios updates as well, many complaints about post tsunami fans from Lenovo China instead of Lenovo Japan...

What do you mean by the fan controls still work in manual and automatic? Does that mean every time brightness is changed, fan speed needs to be set to auto again for it to work properly?
Only the fan speed value shows as 0xFFFF or something, however it can still be set 1-7 or back to automatic as usual

Also, I assume the dimming from inactivity will not work until EC is responsible for brightness change?

I'm not sure...that might be accomplished with dpms.ko, haven't tried....

... and then I have the issue with Konstantin's latest patch for STABLE where after I exit X, I have no monitor or keyboard control. I guess I can bypass this with a login manager.

http://wiki.freebsd.org/Intel_GPU
On Konstantin's page he mentions this...it's a known issue

Matt