On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 12:51:47PM -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> (cc jkim)
>
> Hi! Would you mind taking a look at the -acpi list posts with this subject?
> It looks like a lot of the video suspend/resume issues on these thinkpads
> boil down to the VESA driver code. If it's disabled, (at least) x11 resume
> works.

Just to clarify on some information I provided a few days ago, I did not
realize at first (when I replied) that this thread was targeted towards
Thinkpad laptops.  For what it is worth, my laptop is an ASUS X53E.  For
a long time, suspend/resume did not work (well, resume did not work,
suspend worked fine).  avg@ fixed this with r246251.  However, after
a few weeks, the next Xorg update broke it.  In between those updates,
I did not change anything for my kernel config (in fact, the latest
thing I recall adding/removing was the VESA to test this out).

TLDR:  this is broader than "just Thinkpads".

I am happy to put VESA back into my kernel config and test patches, if
that is helpful.

Glen