Hi,

Fafa Hafiz Krantz wrote:
This sounds good. How much time is left for you to write it?

A couple of weeks :)

So I have a lot of time to do research.

You could subscribe to more technical lists to see how help is done and what kind of problems people face with a none-technical background.

FreeBSD is a typical system driven by technical people.

Clearly its weakest point.

It is also its strongest point.

FreeBSD has a very clear development paradigma. It is far off the chaotic system Linux has.

Actually, it's not only for the article.

I also want to create an introductory report where FreeBSD meets
the real life, and try to present it in the same professional
manner that Apple presents their Mac OS X.

This would be very helpful for FreeBSD.

Maybe some can even be used as wording for FreeBSD's new website,
which they desperately need.

Here we are again.

But do not forget one thing. This technical way of doing things have to stay as it also presents FreeBSD's strongest point.

I know some people who were to afraid to move to FreeBSD as they believed installing from source is equal to being a programmer.

Yeah I know a lot of people like that :)

They would need two things:

a very simple discription of doing things, without any ifs.

a very clear message that it does not have to be Microsoft software.

Erich