Does anyone happen to know what steps I could take to help get the ball rolling on this?

Do I contact the FreeBSD Foundation?

As far as the representative from BSDMall is concerned, I believe that they may get permission to make shirts by emailing [EMAIL PROTECTED], as specified on the new guidelines at http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/legal/guidelines.shtml . As stated earlier, the Foundation could certainly set up their own CafePress shop.

I want to wear new FreeBSD shirts so badly. Even a black polo with a little embroidered logo would make me happy at this point.

-Mick