Oliver Fromme wrote:

In fact, I think that mentioning too many different BSD
variants is counter-productive against the goals of the
project.  The main goal is to provide numbers to vendors
and manufacturers, in order to get better support.
However, mentioning a dozen different BSD variants will
likely turn them away.

Therefore I propose that only the "big four" are mentioned
explicitely on the homepage, and all the rest be counted
as "others" or similar.

Yes, this is likely to be much better than the current state of things.