Thanks, my main reason for inquiring are for pc and Apple manufactures who may be thinking of offering free bsd to Vista and Leppard as a alternative, not really interested in messing up my current configurations unless computer manufactures force a install download of free bsd then will have no choice but to learn the OS. Besides installing I am intrested in the use of talking software in tasks such as managing files on the harddrive with free BSD, reading writing mail, instant messages, playing audio files over the net, the use of these applications under free BSD with assistive technology?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Julian H. Stacey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Mr. Jim Vaglia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:00 PM
Subject: Re: Vision impaired software on FreeBSD?

Last I heard NetBSD still offers a line mode installer

Sorry, its installer (sysinst) also uses a curses-based menu system.

Last I heard OpenBSD still offers a line mode installer :)

Also, I don't know if it exists, but maybe bsdinstaller.org can quickly
provide a simple text-based (no curses) front-end to its BSD Installer.

Jeremy C. Reed