On 01/30/12 13:35, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
Hi,
Hans Ottevanger wrote:
Hi advocates,

This article

http://www.infoworld.com/d/data-center/why-arent-you-using-freebsd-178119?page=0,1

was "discussed" on Slashdot shortly after it appeared.

Still, I think the article is of a quite reasonable quality and is good
publicity for FreeBSD. It certainly deserves to be mentioned under "In
the media" on www.freebsd.org.

And if this is not the right list: who do I need to contact for this?

I recall webmas...@freebsd.org often not responsive,
So either use
        send-pr

or from
        http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo
freebsd-www     FreeBSD Project Webmasters
        http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-www

Thanks for your suggestions Julian, but I already sent a message to www-freebsd@ quite a while ago and I even received a response:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-www/2011-December/007320.html

although nothing has happened up to now.

I my opinion it is essential that those few articles about FreeBSD that still appear are linked to from the Home page of the website. It could give the impression to a passer-by (i.e. a potential new user!) that FreeBSD is still alive and kicking. Currently that specific column just seems out-of-date.

Another suggestion: on the FreeBSD Foundation site some content is hidden, e.g.

http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/testimonials.shtml

that certainly deserves a more prominent place on the FreeBSD main site.

Kind regards,

Hans Ottevanger