>Number:         145817
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       I believe the freebsd-update handbook page contains one extra 
>step.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Priority:       low
>Responsible:    freebsd-bugs
>State:          open
>Quarter:        
>Keywords:       
>Date-Required:
>Class:          doc-bug
>Submitter-Id:   current-users
>Arrival-Date:   Sun Apr 18 23:30:01 UTC 2010
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     James Michael
>Release:        FreeBSD 8.0
>Organization:
Pulpie
>Environment:
FreeBSD mydomain.org 8.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE #0: Sat Nov 21 15:48:17 
UTC 2009     [email protected]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
>Description:
on "24.2.3 Major and Minor Upgrades" of the handbook, I believe at the end it 
requests you do an extra step which is 'freebsd-update install' for a last time 
to tie up all loose ends.

I'm sorry if this is there to ever tie up loose ends but when i tried to do it, 
i got the result that my freebsd version was the newest, or such.
>How-To-Repeat:
Respectfully, go through the steps of upgrading from 7.2-Release to 7.3-Release.
>Fix:
Edit the website to remove the extra step.

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
_______________________________________________
[email protected] mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-bugs
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[email protected]"

Reply via email to