Hi,

David Kelly wrote:
This doesn't belong on Questions or Hackers.

On Jul 8, 2005, at 6:28 PM, R. Tyler Ballance wrote:

Howdy,

i'll be meeting tuesday with staffers for my congressman (since he's still in D.C.) to discuss software patents and the "evil" behind them.

The evil behind software patents is the same evil behind all other patent: the lack of an inventive step.

Prior art is already one sign that a patent can't be granted but still they do.

The expertise needed to create the invention must be put back to its right place again to avoid patent flooding.

We have had the examples in this conversation: training a cat und platter size of hard disks. There is no inventive step to change just one little thing but keep the principle the same.

Erich