On 6/22/06, Vince Hoffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Z.C.B. wrote:

> Any one know of a list of the equivalent commands for linux as in
> freebsd?
>
> The ones I am interested in is like bsdlabel and other
> system/administrative ones.

If you want a reference I like O'reillys "Essential system administration
pocket reference" (http://safari.oreilly.com/0596004494 )

Good comparison and covers comercial UNIXs as well as freebsd and linux.
may be slightly out of date now as i'm not sure if they cover FreeBSD v5.x
or 6.x

Pub Date: November 2002... FreeBSD 5.0 was released January 2003...
FreeBSD 4.7 was released October 2002.
-------------------
Unix in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference for System V & Solaris 2.0
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1199000590/

Unix in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference for SVR4 and Solaris 7
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1565924274/

The reason I suggest those books is because Linux is SysV based and
Solaris (SunOS) is/was BSD based.
A copy of UNIX Power Tools will help you:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0596003307/

And don't forget both books at http://www.admin.com/

--
BSD Podcasts @: