jzyjack wrote:
i don't know why i keep getting your mail. please stop

To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:00 PM
Subject: rm --clear-directory /home/me/another_dir

Is there a way to clear a directory with such a command (keeping the owner and permissions of the folder)?

Yes there are the obvious ones:
cd /home/me/another_dir && rm *
rm /home/me/another_dir/* // if cant traverse here

But something that doesn't rely on the shell.

Dude, did you write such a message to everyone? If not, then why namely to me?

+ If I were you, I'd forward all spam messages to someone you really hate :)