Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

It's marketing tactics like that which cause me to react by refusing to have anything whatsoever to do with their product.

Ah, yes, but you responded to my e-mail post to the mailing list,
did you not?  I guess you didn't look at the X-Mailer: header?
Like it or not - you had something to do with their product. ;-)

My mailer (I use Seamonkey to get at my imap server) didn't show me the entire header, it normally doesn't unless I electronically twist it's arm, but even so, that comment just sailed over my head. What did I have to do with their product?

My advice is to modify your philosophy to the following:

"It's marketing tactics like that which cause me to react
by refusing to pay them anything whatsoever for any of their
products"

Much more pragmatic, workable, and effective.

Ted