"> I think the $40 dollars for the professionally packaged 4 CD set is not
only> an inexpensive investment for a little piece of internet history for
each> FreeBSD release, but it is also a tremendous help offsetting a portion
of> the costs for our advocacy and hardware support efforts for the FreeBSD>
Project.>> best,> -matt"

-I totally aggree with the above and more, I have bought  PCBSD , and am going
to order FreeBSD7
a freind of mine spent $399.00 (CDN) last year for WinVista-OEM-64-bit.
He's now back to WinXP -need I say more ?

 I mean for $50 ?!, even $50/year, is a good "investment" in FreeBSD/PCBSD for
me anyways. and if everybody did that a lot of users', like me,  wouldn't need
Windows, not to mention, PC hardware architecture's could really
flourish("develop"), and become a lot better...

...so there.
:)

Rick.