Note that the FSF says that "compliance" is their number one goal. In other words, they are saying, "Bend over."

This is one reason why I am very glad about the work on "un-GNUed" (but fully compatible) versions of utilities such as grep. I am looking forward to the day when I can build FreeBSD with a completely BSD-licensed toolchain.

--Brett Glass