From: owner-freebsd-c...@freebsd.org [mailto:owner-freebsd-c...@freebsd.org]
On Behalf Of Nicole
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 1:56 PM
To: freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject: Alternative interface for FreeBSD questions

 Hello
  Once again I find myself in need of help with a few BSD questions I
just cannot solve without assistance.
 Usually I am able to look things up on google for prior people asking
for help for similar issues.

 However, I really don't want to subscribe to the email onslaught that
freebsd-questions can be. I am curious what methods others may use for
accessing freebsd-questions?  Are there any web based interfaces that
can provide easier access to questions and perhaps other lists as well?
I don't want to be one of those people who say, "please CC me as I'm not
subscribed to the list".

  Thanks.

  Nicole

--
"Fundamental Christianity:  the idea that there is an all-knowing,
all-seeing, all-powerful, universe-spanning entity that for some

An alternative.

If you download pidgin you can use the default IRC client with the default server {irc.freenode.net} however you must register your account to enter ##freebsd.

# Register help.
http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#userregistration

They are a bunch of decent guys and gals in that channel.

Cheers,
SDA

Thanks everyone! I will give ll of these a try.
 Doh! Can't believe I missed the forums!

Be well.

 Nicole