At 02:22 p.m. 31/03/2010, you wrote:
What do you mean by GUI interface? Do you mean desktop environment?

I would recommend you develop under whatever resembles the most your
production environment. (I believe you already do this).
The feature that I need the most out of my code editor is syntax
highlighting and the ability to chance color theme to accommodate mood
and lighting. I use gnome editor (gedit) and vim (when in the server)
. Eclipse is not bad, I use it at work because we use CVS and I can do
a lot of CVS operations under it. I just wish it was written in C/C++
or anything faster than Java because it is really CPU/Memory abuser in
my opinion.

What operating system are you using in your laptop?

-r

Hello.

Yes I mean a desktop environment.
ACtually on my lap I am under Windows XP-Pro. Instead of notepad I am using a very old bYT EXCELLENT EDITOR QEDIT and its STR version QTSR. I have been using that editor since clipper and pascal times... anyway. I am looking for something more developer alike (if I can say that) for the PHP environment. The Freebsd production environment has not graphical interface. My virtual machine has not either. This something I need and want to decide, if I need to go graphical under Freebsd or another , I can do it but if possible would like to stay with my lap as it is since I have a couple of clients that I do maintenance to their systems and are developed under a tool that only can be used under windows..... As I said I can buy a tool if need it but not too expensive of course :=)

Thanks to all for the comments.
Jorge Biquez