On 04/07/10 12:42, Kevin Kinsey wrote:
> Programmer In Training wrote:
>> I would go to questions, but I'm not sure it's relevant there so I
>> thought I'd ask here.
>>
>> I just received a new, never been unwrapped before I touched it, audio
>> CD (Santcus Real, Pieces of a Real Heart). I can play it via 'cdcontrol
>> play' but it won't play in VLC, Audacious won't recognize it, and
>> Asunder can't rip it (for my fair use copy).
>
> Tried lame?
<snip>

lame is an encoder, so no, I haven't tried using it to rip the cd.

Here is the output from cdparanoia though:

cdparanoia -B -d /dev/cd0
cdparanoia III release 9.8 (March 23, 2001)
(C) 2001 Monty <mo...@xiph.org> and Xiphophorus
FreeBSD porting (c) 2003
        Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corec...@corecode.ath.cx>

Report bugs to paran...@xiph.org
http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

006: Could not read any data from drive

Cdparanoia could not find a way to read audio from this drive.

So ripping seems to be out, as does playing unless I want to use
'cdcontrol' (which is an option, but highly annoying).
--
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscribed.