On Mon, 5 Mar 2018, Vladimir Botka wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, 5 Mar 2018 07:40:48 +0100
Franco Fichtner <fra...@lastsummer.de> wrote:

On 4. Mar 2018, at 10:02 PM, Jeff Roberson <jrober...@jroberson.net> wrote:
I would urge everyone to be calm and patient.  This is an important dialog and
it's bound to be bumpy.  I also strongly urge people to refrain from discussing
it further on technical lists where it is counter productive and unwelcome.

So you are saying "shut up" and be patient like we've never been patient in
the last couple of years?  That's bold, but unfortunately also consistent MO.
Cheers,
Franco

He said you should refrain from discussing it on technical lists. You might
want to consider freebsd-chat.

Thank you. Chat seems like an ok list for this until we're told otherwise by administrators. I am not personally subscribed to -chat so please keep me in the cc if you wish to keep hearing from me. I urge again that we refrain from inflammatory language and hyperbole.

I'm sorry that people are frustrated. I not infrequently find the project frustrating. My urge for patience is because this dialog is very fresh and still being worked out. Whatever else you have been patient for we have only had the new coc for less than a month. I think there are some misconceptions about how the project is run and what the core team does that might help clear up some confusion.

Firstly, the project is governed by its members. These are people with a vested interest who have contributed to the project. We are not governed by the users. The conversation is challenging enough with nearly 400 participants. I assure you that whatever your view point is, it is likely already represented in that 400. If you would like to be part of the conversation I urge you to work on obtaining a commit bit. I will also assure you that various project members are in touch with the community via reddit, slashdot, freebsd forums, freebsd mailing lists, twitter, etc. It can be challenging to determine who is a legitimate part of the community and who is an outside interloper capitalizing on a political moment, for this reason among many, we are self-governing.

Core is an administrative group elected from volunteers. It is not their responsibility to set priorities for technical development, accept patches, or even strictly speaking be community liaisons. We might hope that they take on some of these mantles of their own volition but that is up to the individual. Their charter is more or less administrative work, governance.

Regarding patches, I don't know what subsystem they involve or if there is an active maintainer or what steps you've taken. It is all frustratingly ad-hoc at times as it is a volunteer effort and it's up to individuals to take up these responsibilities. I again urge everyone who can contribute and maintain a standard of civil discussion to seek a commit bit. Contribution to FreeBSD can be both personally and professionally rewarding.

Regards,
Jeff

        -vlado