On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 5:45 PM Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.fried...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 9:29 AM kindu smith <malaizhic...@tom.com> wrote:
> >
> > Secondly, it drives all my hardware, including sound card, nvidia
> > graphics card, wireless network card, screen brightness and touchpad.
>
> My nVidia card works perfectly and always has using the nVidia driver from
> ports (worked on the first try with no special configs and contrary to some
> people's impression does have full support for wayland), I don't use wifi
> for security reasons but never heard any complaint about its support,
> screen brightness is not an issue on my desktop so never played with it
> same with touchpad but never heard any complaints about them on FreeBSD.

I have disconnected wifi unit, literally.

My touchpad works. I use mouse.

Brightness is an issue. I can change it. But the minimum brightness is
too high anyway. So, this is absolutely fantastic workaround:

$ xrandr --output LVDS1 --brightness 0.2

Have a look at enlightenment. It is available under BSD license.

# pkg install enlightenment
$ echo exec enlightenment_start > .xinitrc
$ startx

-- Yury
https://yvgrebenkin.wordpress.com/