Hello,
In light of recent xz utils backdoor, I was wondering if FreeBSD way of
organizing software development could be more resistant to this kind of a
threat.
I always felt because the base system is built released by the same group of
developers, its quality, consistency and security is better.
I do realize that in case of xz, it lives under contrib/ and was not rewritten
into a BSD-licensed alternative by FreeBSD devs, but perhaps it was at least
scrutinized.

To summarize:

- Do you think FreeBSD-style development is more resistant to a helpful rogue
contributor?
- If yes, which social/technical processes exactly make it more resistant?
- If no, do you think something should changed (eg. in handling of contrib
packages)?

Thanks for your thoughts,

--
Marcin Koziej