In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> "Chris D. Faulhaber"
writes:
: > flags 0x20 (the NOIDPROBE) which forces it to behave as if it were a
          0x200  (one of these days I'll learn to shift by 9)

: For my Kensington (on -stable) I used 'flags 0x10' (NOCHECKSYNC) to kill
: the out of sync messages. The only side effect I've seen is that the
: cursor speed is faster [than with using the serial port connector].

I found that my scroll mouse went totally nuts when I tried that.  It
worked better, but still sucked pretty bad when it came to button
events.  Yokota-san was kind enough to send me a fix once I was able
to send him enough data to see what was going on.

Warner