I'm starting to see the following errors more frequently on my 3
servers running current dated July 30.

Aug  6 14:08:36 <kern.crit> /kernel: wd0: interrupt timeout
(status 58<rdy,seekdone,drq> error 1<no_dam>)
Aug  6 14:08:38 <kern.crit> /kernel: wd0: wdtimeout() DMA status 4

        All 3 servers locked up over the weekend, although I have a
feeling that the problem that locked them up was an nfs mount problem
(more to come on that one when I get the details). However any insights
into this wd problem are welcome.

        All 3 servers are custom boxes running intel N440BX mb's, dual
PIII-500's, 512 megs of ram and (unfortunately) a mixture of quantum and
western digital IDE hard disks. Here's a dmesg quote from one of them:

9671MB (19807200 sectors), 19650 cyls, 16 heads, 63 S/T, 512 B/S

        Unless someone has something for me to check I'm going to try
upgrading my -current today and see if that helps. These messages seem to
be coming concurrent with time periods where the boxes enter heavy
swapping, although it's tough to tell which one (or even if) is causing
the other. Other tests indicate that the swapping problems are caused by
some errant CGI scripts, which is what the boxes are set up to handle (cgi
in general, not errant ones :).

TIA,

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter