> 1: any access to the serial port (/dev/cuaa0) locks the machine.

Weird.  I haven't tried accessing mine though, but I know there are lots
of weird setup issues that must be done to get the serial port to be
read correctly.

> 2: I cannot get the ethernet card to work.
>   2a: It is sort-a recognized by the system, It senses the insert and remove,
>       but it cannot get the CIS.  I remember reading somewhere that the CIS
>       on these cards is 'somewhere else' and you can tell pccardd where that is.
>   2b: I believe that this is in reality a tulip card.

Then it's not supported, since it would be a CardBus ethernet card.

> I am in no way opposed to beta software, and I will code as need be, I
> just need to know where things already are before I get my feet wet.

You need to get an old PCCARD ethernet card, since the 600E does work
in PCCARD emulation mode.

I absolutely *love* mine.

Nate