I have a Vaio PCG-505FX, and first of all let me tell you guys
that the recent apm changes are working great. I can use both
the suspend and hibernate functions without a problem. There's
just one weird thing going on that I'd like you to know about,
if someone gives me instructions on how to debug it I can help
find the problem.

If I hibernate the laptop, at resume time i need to kill the
pccardd daemon and restart it in order to be able to use my
3Com Fast Etherlink XL PCMCIA card.

Here's the log from the console...

Called APM sound suspend hook for unit 0
ep0: unload
Return IRQ=10
Card disabled, slot 0
Called APM sound resume hook for unit 0
Card inserted, slot 0
Sep  2 08:43:23 voyager /kernel: resumed from suspended mode (slept 13:11:45)
Sep  2 08:43:28 voyager pccardd[24601]: No free configuration for card 3Com

Then I kill pccardd and restart it and I get:

ep0: No connectors or MII.
ep0: [*UTP*] address 00:60:08:b6:36:fb
Sep  2 08:47:51 voyager pccardd[31164]: pccardd started

and from now on everything works fine.

I could kill it and restart it from /etc/rc.resume, but I thought that
maybe you'd want me to look into something...

thanks and regards,

-Oscar

--
For PGP Public Key: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]