I've recently upgraded a system from 3.2-RELEASE to -CURRENT as of
30-Sept (just before the signal changes).  I now find that when
I try to do a CVS checkout, the system hangs, with cvs in `nbufkv'.

The CVSROOT is on a filesystem with standard 8K/1K blocks.  The
target FS is 32k/4k.  Both FS are running softupdates.  This worked
without problem under 3.2.  The kernel config files are basically
the same (modulo config(8) changes).  FWIW, it has 'maxusers 5'
and no other options over-riding default kernel memory sizes.

I notice that Matt Dillon found his FS stress program also hung in
nbufkv, but that was with 64k blocks.  Other than that, I can't
find any reference to nbufkv here, in the PR list or in the sys
commitlogs.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Should I just go back to 8K/1K blocks?

Peter
--
Peter Jeremy (VK2PJ)                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Alcatel Australia Limited