On 05-Nov-99 Amancio Hasty wrote:
>  Your idea sounds intriguing . How should we wired the KLD to
>  the X server? or how will the KLD inform the X server that it
>  has received a vertical retrace interrupt .

It depends what you wanted to do, but you could have the X server feed the KLD
commands to do on a vert refresh, and when it happens the commands are executed
in kernel mode, which would save you a lot of time.

Kind of complex though. Also the interrupt latency problem is still there.

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum