Also sprach Alexander Leidinger ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> > What about /etc/start_if.isp0?
> Yes, with permissions of u+r,go-rwx itīs more secure than the currently
> recommended way.
> Hellmuth? Will this be the new official way of configuring i4b?

A second advantage: You can sh /etc/start_if.isp0 while the machine is
running for changing username/pass.

I sometimes do this when using a call-by-call ISP and currently I run
spppcontrol by hand. With a script you could add some automatic stuff.

I can think of other advantages that go in the same direction.

Alex