moin moin

I've just grabbed the latest -current installation floppies
and used them to add freebsd in the third partition of a
large disk (can you even get small disks nowadays?)

When I attempted to allocate the root partition in the BSD
disklabel, it scolded me that it couldn't put the root
filesystem there.  This time I didn't just give up as I did
before when seeing this failure, and after trying a couple
other things, it worked.

As far as I can see, the system boots just fine in spite of
the initial warning, with freebsd in the third partition.

If this really is okay, is it possible that this warning is
a little off-putting and could be removed, for those cases
where the installation should be successful?

thanks,
barry bouwsma  (use reply-to header if you feel compelled to reply)