Motoyuki Konno wrote:

> I think we don't need "a.out world" any more, but a.out support
> (a.out lib/shared lib, etc.) is still needed.  Some commercial
> programs such as Netscape are in a.out only, so we still have to
> make a.out binaries.
>
> Please see Netscape plugin port (ports/www/flashplugin) to find
> out why we still have to need a.out support.

Current is not a general use platform. And if we want them (third
party) to support FreeBSD-elf by the time 4.x becomes -stable, we
better lock them out of it *now*.

The main reason for removing the legacy support is forcing people to
switch.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                        (8-DCS)
who is as social as a wampas

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]