On Friday, 10 December 1999 at 17:11:53 +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Greg Lehey writes:
>
>> We're getting off track again: the real issue is that you shouldn't
>> completely replace old drivers with new, better written, less buggy
>> drivers which have significantly less than the full functionality of
>> the old driver.
>
> And while that attitude might work for an organization where some
> PHB type can dictate what people should or shouldn't do, experience
> has taught us that at some point you draw a line in the sand and
> force people to concentrate on the path forward.

Experience has also taught us that people draw the lines in different
places.  I haven't seen enough consideration of the end user in all
this discussion.

> Look at the sound code to see why your proposal doesn't work in our
> reality.

You're going to have to help me here.  I hadn't used the sound code up
to a couple of months ago.

Greg
--
Finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for PGP public key