"Jeremy L. Stock" wrote:

> I haven't seen any reports of this yet. After a make world yesterday, I hear
> stuttered sound from RealPlayer G2 and xmms won't play anything at all. I
> tried to figure out when it was broken but didn't have any luck. It worked
> fine after my last make world on December 27th.

Maybe try changing DSP_BUFFSIZE in /sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.h.  I had
the same stuttering problem with my ESS 1868 when Cameron changed
DSP_BUFFSIZE to 8k from 64k.  Of course, it'd just be a temporary fix
AND and shot in the dark, but you could try it.  My ESS now works with
a buffer size of 8k.  What Cameron did to fix this, I don't know...

--
- Donn