:> sched_sync
:> fork_trampoline
:>
:> This is with ffs_softdep.c 1.56. Matt Dillon has already received a core
:> dump, and I believe it's on its way to Kirk McKusick for analysis.
:
:Thanks for the info. I just got my Alpha running again, and I am now
:100% sure it has ffs_softdep.c 1.56
:
:Are dumps from an Alpha of any use to Kirk BTW?
:
:--
:Wilko Bulte            Arnhem, The Netherlands   - The FreeBSD Project
:                       WWW : http://www.tcja.nl  http://www.freebsd.org

    I'm not sure, I don't think I can gdb an alpha dump on an i386 box.

    Have you determined yet if softupdates is causing the problem or not?
    softupdates usually panics when something goes wrong.  If you are
    getting a lockup rather then a panic it may not be softupdates.

    I've been running continuous buildworlds on my test box for two days
    so far without any problems.  That doesn't necessarily mean the problem
    is fixed, but it's definitely brownie points.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>