On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Juergen Lock wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you write:
> >A case would have to be built that bzip2 does something critical that
> >cannot be done without bzip2.  Else, it stays as a fine port.  Heck, emacs
> >is a fine port too, but it'll never get into the base system.
>
> Very true, but i can actually think of one thing were bzip2 would
> really be useful:  to better compress the kernel on install floppies
> so you could keep more things in it.  (like ptys and pass which
> would make fixit more useful, or pppoe which was thrown out too
> recently if i'm not mistaken.)
>
>  Btw you could probably also kgzip the loader, that would free up
> some space too.

Juergen Lock:   It's Better!
Chuck:          Better doesn't count, only need, functionality
                and compatibility.
Juergen Lock:   It's Better!

How come I get the feeling that you didn't read the post?

>  Regards,

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.